Is there such a thing called "mommy separation anxiety"? My 15 month old little boy will not let me put him down and walk away from him... any suggestion?

britNtony08

Asked by britNtony08 at 5:36 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter is 18 months old and she has recently started doing that too. Here are a couple of things that have worked for us:
    1) Put on a favorite movie and give baby a snack if you need a few minutes of Mommy time.
    2) Put the child down and quickly pop behind a corner, then poke your head around the corner and play peek-a-boo. My daughter loves this. She may start crying the moment i start to scurry out of her sight but she thinks it is absolutely hilarious when i pop back around the corner.
    3) Get baby used to you saying you will be right back, step out of sight for a few seconds then come back. Do it for a few minutes, but each time lengthen how long you are out of sight. Eventually you will be able to walk away for 5 minutes and baby will forget you're not in the room and preoccupy himself with a toy or something else.
    Caities_mommy

Answer by Caities_mommy at 5:53 PM on Jul. 19, 2008