• In the Spotlight:

Mother in law says my husband is a "procrastinator", and I say he's lazy

Ok, my husband is so damn lazy. He has a great job with an okay salary but we need more money with our daughter (he knew this when I was pregnant) But waited a week befoer his daughter was born to do his resume and send it out.
Our daughter is 2 months old now and he doesn't even have her on his insurance, even though it's cheaper than having her on mine. But, I do have her on my insurance. He started the paper work, just never finished it.
Well, he had a job offer 3 weeks ago making over 100k a year (with a contracting company), and he wanted me to be a SAHM. Which is fine. All he had to do is add a few details to his resume (for the contracting company to send it to the main company)...three weeks later, it's still not done. So I call him at work today and he says "would you be interested in a job as a project manager?" It'd be enough so I wouldn't have to work. So, what does that tell me...

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 3:52 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• It does sound like procrastination. It sounds like lack of motivation. His goals and yours don't seem to be in sync. I'd be terribly frustrated and stressed out if I were in your shoes. All I can think to advise is to set him down and explain why you are tense and frustrated about his job choices. Put it on you- YOU are feeling unhappy and stressed, YOU are worried about the future of your family, YOU are worried that he is missing out on a good opportunity. He should respond with why he is putting things off - maybe he doesn't want the commute or the job, or .. who knows. But if you put it as your problem then he shouldn't feel that you are nagging or blaming.

Answer by Bmat at 4:00 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I would help him fill out the paperwork and help him update his resume. A small price to pay to be able to stay home with my child.
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I do all my husbands ppwk for him and even sent out his resume whenever he was looking for a job! I would say mine can be the same way (procrastinator), but I take care of things when I know things need to be done. Probably not the best way to get him to not be that way, but at least I have the piece of mind things get done!
    Anonymous

• Understandable, but my husband works for the government, (NSA to be exact). He is going to a government contracting company because they offer more money. The thing is, his resume has to be approved by his current job. Not even I know exactly all the details to his job. When they approve it, it goes directly to a file at the contracting company so only the "high officials" can see it.

I'm so mad that I'm in tears...
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 5:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2009