Do you think being a stay at home mom is under appreciated? Why?

MiMaMa227

Asked by MiMaMa227 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• under appreciated by the family yes. Whenever they leave dirty clothes lying wherever they want or not thanking their mother yes that's unappreciated.

Anonymous

• I do. I actually work full time, but only 3 days in the office, the other 2 days I'm home working WITH the kids, so its 2 full time jobs, but regardless...those are my hardest days. I think that things like dishes and laundry and reading books to kids and baths and keeping order and cooking and all that just isn't appreciated as much as it should be.

That being said, I also think being a working mom is underappreciated, so I think the question should be rephrased to, "do you think being any kind of mom is underappreciated?" and my answer is YES!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:05 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Being a MOTHER is underappreciated - WOHM or SAHM.

There's no difference.

Being a MOTHER is hard.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:15 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I think it is mostly underappreciated by the other side mom. I am a working mom . 40hours a week. And i will admit that i feel that SAHM have it easier that moms that work outside the home. Because we like to think that because they are there all day they shouldn't be complaining about not getting there house work done, etc. Or they complain because they don't have any money. And to the working moms it is like well get a job. But on the other hand the SAHM complain about the working moms that complain that they work during the week and can't get caught up on house work because when they get home they have to feed kids, husband, baths, etc. We all work hard, we just don't appreciate what other moms do. We're humans, be bitch about anything and everything. Each side is underappreciated by the other in my opinion.
    Anonymous

• deffinately, i am a freelance writer and a student and full time stay at home mum, yet people always say to me, oh arent you lucky you get to stay at home and do nothing all day.
    grrrrrrrrrr that really gets my goat.
    jossie.marie

Answer by jossie.marie at 4:49 PM on Jan. 22, 2009