Do you think being a working mom is under appreciated? Why?

MiMaMa227

Asked by MiMaMa227 at 4:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Depends on who is viewing the situation.
    Someone is always going to shoot down what others are doing.
    I work full time and I have 5 kids. 17 to 3. All are in school but 1.
    I have to work and I make good money but I have SAHM's who do not understand why I work and I have some that look up to me.
    All around under appreciated... No. Why?... because I know there are more positive people in the world than negative.
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 4:08 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Yes because I am one plus Im pg and my husband isnt currently working and my mom will come over and complain god your house is a mess etc. And im like I work 40+ hours a week and my husband trys but hell hes no good at being a housewife...ITs frustrating, why are women expected to work, keep an immaculate house, raise kids and be happy about the fact that we do it all Id love to go back to being a SAHM it wasnt any easier but at least my house was pretty LMAO
    Anonymous

• Being a MOTHER is underappreciated - WOHM or SAHM.

There's no difference.

Being a MOTHER is hard.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:13 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Wimsey....
    Perfectly Said!!!
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 4:20 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I think it is mostly underappreciated by the other side mom. I am a working mom . 40hours a week. And i will admit that i feel that SAHM have it easier that moms that work outside the home. Because we like to think that because they are there all day they shouldn't be complaining about not getting there house work done, etc. Or they complain because they don't have any money. And to the working moms it is like well get a job. But on the other hand the SAHM complain about the working moms that complain that they work during the week and can't get caught up on house work because when they get home they have to feed kids, husband, baths, etc. We all work hard, we just don't appreciate what other moms do. We're humans, be bitch about anything and everything. Each side is underappreciated by the other in my opinion.
    Anonymous

• I don't think anyone can say how hard a person's job is whether they stay at home or work outside of the home. There are so many factors involved. It's hard to balance either way. I used to think being a SAHM was a cake walk, but then my schedule changed and I was home most of the day with my kids (in addition to working full time...) and that was the busiest, most difficult, most rewarding part of my day. But being at work all day, you have a whole other set of issues.

It's not that one is better than the other. They're just different.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 4:45 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Kids tend to think of you as a piggy bank and you feel guilty for not being able to be there like you want to.
    Anonymous