Do you go to the party?

Do you attend birthday parties of your child's friends?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Well we havnt started yet.. But yes i would... Unless its a sleep over, we are in a small school so i know all the mothers...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 4:08 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My children are not at the "drop and go" age, so if they get an invite I stay at the party.

Is that your question?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:13 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• what age is "drop and go"
    Anonymous

• I think that as long as you are comfortable with it and your child is, then kindergarten is an okay age. I know that as long as it was a family I knew well and my child had been there before then I would be okay with it.

I also know that if I ever wanted to stay then I would ask if it was okay for me to stay.

I have done both. The other thing that I might take into consideration is if the party is at their house or somewhere else. For example: We have gone to YMCA pool parties and I usually stay for those.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• By age nine or so I imagine I will feel OK with leaving DD for an afternoon party, if I know the parents. That is what I meant by "drop and go".
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 5:53 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• unless i know the parents well i would never leave my child alone- i need to know that my child will be safe
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 7:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Absolutely...Sorry my son is 5 and these days and ages I wouldn't feel comfortable dropping him off. Lots of parents do though.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 1:56 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• YES, I stay. If I don't know the friend and her family, I will stay just to be safe. If I DO know them, I'll stay because it will be fun. :)
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:16 PM on Jan. 25, 2009