Do you prefer Sprint or AT&T

I have AT&T cellular service, and in our area it's crap. We're always dropping calls on the network with the least dropped calls! I am considering switching to Sprint/Nextel but I'd like some feedback. If anyone has had both can you help me? AT&T's customer service is terrible - is Sprint/Nextel better? What is your experience with the service in general? Which media (internet/tv) do you prefer in case I'd like to use that someday?

theonecilla

Asked by theonecilla at 4:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Shopping

• I have ATnT.. LOL An i love it, i live out in BFE and we never loose service.. Alltel and Sprint go "no bars" out here...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 4:06 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I love sprint..
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:35 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• We love our Nextel's here (well, Sprint now). I have had mine for 7 years or so with no major problems. We have friends who just went over to AT&T and they are very pleased, but if your service stinks then I'd consider changing to something else. As far as the bill on either company, it is basically the same price--our friends just don't have the direct connect now. I think the only reason they dropped Sprint is because he couldn't get good service in a certain area around where he worked.

Also, I have never had major problems resolving an issue on my bill. We did have a scuffle with Sprint over some phones that had to be returned, but with a little pressure they were easy to credit my bill when I threatened to drop service. (If you need more info, let me know.)
    smizzell

Answer by smizzell at 6:16 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Well I haven't tried Sprint. I use ATT and am happy with it for the most part.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 6:57 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• in my area sprint is the new at&t. and it doesn't work i most areas.. verizon and cingular here work well though.. western, new york (buffalo/niagara falls area)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:23 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• neither. my husband is a customer service rep. trainer/manager at a calling center for at&t, and we know that verizon is better deals, better service. but shhhhh, i don't want him to lose his job.....lol.
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 3:22 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I have family throughout the US and we all use Sprint. I like that they send us new phones alot. I have never really had a problem with Sprint, but the Blackberry is nothing but trouble.
    crysann1974

Answer by crysann1974 at 8:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I've heard good things about Sprint. I will be switching over to Sprint as soon as my AT&T contract is up. We switched from U.S. cellular to AT&T and have had nothing but trouble with it since we got it. It is horrible. I hate AT&T. I truely cannot wait until this contract is up. We have called them several times and complained that our phones hardly ever work and we are always dropping calls.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I have sprint. At&t is outrageous with their deposit amounts and rip you off with the minute plans.
    Stephanie2107

Answer by Stephanie2107 at 11:09 AM on Mar. 13, 2009