i'm trying to lose weight after a c-section (with lots of complications)... help!!

i need advice on how to lose weight after an emergency c-section that had lots of complications.... i gained 95 lbs when i was pregnant! my daughter was a very large baby and i have a scar from one hip to the other from my c-section ... my scar tissue and muscles hurt very badly when i try to do sit ups and such... does any one have any advice for me.... i lost about 35lbs of the weight i had gained but am at a plateau... please help!

babykinsmomma

Asked by babykinsmomma at 5:36 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Health

• i dunno how long ago you gave birth, but breastfeed, diet, and dont do situps yet if it was recent.. stretch you muscles very gently though. move around alot to keep your metabloism boosted.
    briyeti

Answer by briyeti at 5:42 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• it was 13 months ago... couldn't breastfeed due to multiple infections and i am VERY active thanks though! any advice is helpful :) any other suggestions!?
    babykinsmomma

Answer by babykinsmomma at 5:46 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• walking ive had 2 c-sections the first was a emergency as well. i lost all my weight by walking every day.
    Anonymous

• This may sound funny, but another mother told me about it here on cafemom and it works. Get a hula-hoop, and do it for about two to five minutes a day.
    agivens4

Answer by agivens4 at 7:01 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• hula hoop! I have to try that myself. I lost little over 30lbs on Weight Watchers in just a few months and have kept it off for almost a year now. I am no longer following WW, I just watch my portions. Its all about calories in equals calories out. It doesnt have to be weigh watchers...But I would say try it and join a gym...it will help you lose weight and have more energy for the kids...and diet alone wont firm you up....
    ajjc775

Answer by ajjc775 at 7:07 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Hm.. the Hula hoop sounds interesting. I'm gonna have to try that. I've had two c-sections, granted, no big complications... so, What I CAN say is that I lost a whole lot of weight by joining Curves for Women. Unfortunately I am no longer part of the gym... but while I worked out 3 times a week... I noticed a huge change in energy and weight... I would truely recomend this program.. it was low impact... and it was nice to be surrounded by other women with the same goals.

good luck
    princessnorm

Answer by princessnorm at 10:30 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• wow hula hoop eh? new one! I had a baby in april this year and ive been walking everyday for 45 min lost 20 pounds. Dont do situps yet! wait for about 6 months to a year, but do other activities, just dont overeat or exercise will do nothing! good luck!
    fairybrokenwing

Answer by fairybrokenwing at 8:21 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I'd suggest walking. Walking is easy on the body, and helps your entire bodie's health.
    You gotta remember that even though you're awake during surgery, it's still major surgery. You need to give your body time to mend and heal itself.
    jollymommy

Answer by jollymommy at 4:03 AM on Jul. 21, 2008