Born with dark hair, now blond!

My daughter is 5 months old. Most of the hair she was born with has fallen out except for a strip in the back by her neck. Her hair was very dark, now it's growing in blond. It looks so funny. I guess there isn't anything for me to do about it but just wait. Maybe a hat! lol I was just wondering if any of your babies out there had the same problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not here...mine were born with a full head of blond hair and they kept it! lol
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My hair was so blonde it was white untill I hit puberty, now my hair is dark brown. Literally, all my hair gradually fell out and came in dark brown when I was 14. My daughter was born with dark red hair now it's bleach blonde. She is 12 months, it turned blonde about 5 months as well. I think all kids hair falls out and changes at some point.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 4:14 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• That's really very normal. That happens with color of hair and texture as well. Check with your parents and SO's parents..I bet it happened with one of you.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:14 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My older one did. She had one long dark strip on the back of her neck that stayed for a while, but the rest fell out and came in blond.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:16 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• my friends baby was born with jet black hair! And she had a lot of it! Now 2 years old she has platinum blond hair!!!!! Crazy but true. I hear it can change!
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 4:19 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My son looks the same. It's goofy but no one really looks at the back of his head. He had a ton of dark hair when he was born. It all fell out but one patch around the neck and at the top of his head... The top of his head finally went to blond but the back is still dark. He's finally getting his hair back...and I think eventually the dark hair will change the same as the rest. You can usually tell the color of a baby's hair by their eyebrows.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 4:24 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• both my older children did that now i am waiting to see if melissa keeps her dark hair or not she is only 2wks old so I have a little whilc to go.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 4:24 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• It happened to my daughter. It's normal. They don't get adult hair until the age of 2.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 4:47 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• http://www.drgreene.com/21_1545.html

heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 4:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• my husband was born with blonde now its brown
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 5:24 PM on Jan. 22, 2009