What can i do to make my baby's father understand how important it is to me to feel emotional support and to be loved?

Latley now that i am pregnant I feel the need to have all eyes on me by my boyfriend and feel like i need huges and time to be spent with me all the time.Before i was never so clingy.I don't like being this way but i can't help it.I get very upset and angry when i feel i am being ignored.Then we fight.What do i do?I feel like everything is falling apart.It is my second child and I swore if i ever had another baby it would be right and be a happy mutual pregnancy.He wanted this baby too.Why do i feel the idea of it was more exciting for him than the actual reality.It's his first child.I just don't want this to be another misrable pregnancy.He said he's leaving now and i don't have the balls to get an abortion.I am also going to school full time from 9am-4pm and completly broke.I asked him for money for maternity clothes and he says for what.He just is so mean and sarcastic and i just want to feel loved.what do i do? am i wrong?

2Bbabymomma

Asked by 2Bbabymomma at 4:14 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• I am not sure if this will help. I think when we are pregnant our hormones go a little wild and it makes us feel very insecure. I think that you need to try and understand that even if he is not with you all the time he still cares about you and wants this baby. Sometimes you can smother someone to the point were you push them away. It sounds like that is what might be happening.

Also, if you had a bad experience the first time then you might be reflecting those emotions onto this one.

I would try to talk to him calmly and see if he understands what you are saying. Try telling him something and then have him repeat what you told him. People tend to interpret things differently.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 4:20 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• You are hormonal and that is natural. But if you are too clingy he will run. I am sorry but he already sounds like an ass. Maybe you are better off without him. You need to depend on you and you alone. Take care of business. Grow up so to speak. BTW it does not take balls to get an abortion...it takes balls to have a baby alone and love it and do right by it regardless of your crappy situation. Reach out to friends and family...if he comes around fine if not too bad. You are stronger than you think, you just need to get your priorities in order....STAY IN SCHOOL!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:35 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I was married to a man that wanted a baby. When I told him I was pregnant he started abusing me. He also stayed out all night without explanation. It got worse and worse. After the baby was born he ignored the baby, me and would hurt me. Sometimes a man thinks they want kids, but it scares them when it really happens and they turn on you. People said I should get an abortion, but I have a beautiful loving 9 y.o. daughter now. Can't imagine life without her. Never see the father. Trust your gut feeling. Things will work out if you take care of yourself and the baby.
    Havingfun13

Answer by Havingfun13 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 22, 2009