is it safe?

I'm just curious, I sleep on my tummy without knowing. I sleep on my left or right, and whenever I wake up I'm on my tummy. I'm 8 weeks pregnant. Is it safe for my baby? I'm a little bit concern. THanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes it is okay to sleep on your stomach until it get uncomfortable for you. which is noramlly around 28-30 wks sometimes later. or even earlier but yes.
    Anonymous

• I slept on my tummy until I was about 20 weeks, then it just became uncomfortable for me. My daughter is perfectly fine and healthy.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:19 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I sleep on my tummy too! I'm 6 weeks. With my first daughter I slept on my stomach as long as I could, and then I ended leaving on leg straight and bending the other while laying on my stomach and it put me at kind of a side angle for when she got big (or when it felt like you were sleeping on a watermelon). I couldn't help it. I did the same thing you did, and I would always end up in the position. But my daughter has been healthy since day 1, so obviously it didn't affect her too much, if at all.
    ColorMeCurvy

Answer by ColorMeCurvy at 4:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• As long as you are comfy then it is fine. Once you get a little farther along, it will be impossible to sleep on your tummy, so enjoy it while you can!
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 4:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Thanks everyone, the thing is that I got concerned because my hubby is getting concern and I'm hearing it from him all the time. He keeps telling me that It's not good for the baby. =0)
    Anonymous

• i'm 27wks and can't sleep unless i'm on my stomach. some days it does get uncomfortable, but i bend a leg up to keep me from rolling all the way onto the baby, but as long as you're comfortable, you should be fine.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 5:30 PM on Jan. 22, 2009