Alli- does it REALLY make you poo/anal leakage?

I just posted asking about Alli experiences. To my horror I got nothing but scary feedback stating diarreah and the poops. Is this true for others?

ZoeKatsMom

Asked by ZoeKatsMom at 4:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I have never tried it. But I went to GNC looking for vitamins and casually asked about it and the employee there said the same thing.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:25 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I had a co-worker that took it, and yes, she experienced incredibly horrible things. She had to bring an extra pair of pants to work because it would get so bad. I worked at Walgreens back then, and one of our customers returned it and vowed to never ever try it again because of the "anal leakage" issue O.o
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:27 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Yes. It is true.
    It allows the fat to go thru your body without a breakdown process. So, if you are going to take it and eat chips, wear a depend sweety!
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 4:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Hmmm.....I did not know all of this! Useful information for someone who was considering trying it!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• If you are going to eat anything that has fat in it, it is supposed to go right thru you. That's part of the process, to get you to stop eating foods that are unhealthy. Kinda like Pavolov's experiment w/the dogs. It's "conditioning"
    marihand

Answer by marihand at 4:33 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Yeah, it's incredibly depressing and sad and annoying that it's the only diet aid approved by the FDA...and it's absolutely disgusting if you don't use it right, lmao.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:33 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Yes! I am taking it right now and made the mistake of eating a bite sized hershey bar and I am paying for it today. But, you have to learn how your body deals with it first. My mom was on it and only had that problem once. I could eat lettuce all day long and it happens as long as I am taking it. It helps to keep a food journal with it so you have an idea of what is causing the problem. There are meals that I had thought were ok and end up with the side effects, only to go back and find out what a ton of fat was in that food. It is a learning process and I am finally losing weight. And I keep it off when I am not on Alli as well. Sometimes, the only way people learn is to learn from mistakes.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 5:58 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Here's the thing about Alli - you have to eat a healthy diet or it will cause you to have the runs - which means no fried food or processed foods. If you just ate healthy without Alli you are still going to lose weight.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 6:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2009