• In the Spotlight:

What's a great, natural way to moisturize my hair???

I straighten my hair regularly so it gets pretty dry. I keep it trimmed to ward off frazzled ends but it just not shiny or strong or healthy looking. I did a hot oil treatment a couple weeks ago but can't tell much of a difference unless I should just keep doing that. I'd really like a natural/inexpensive remedy but I'll take any suggestions. I also would prefer something that you've actually tried yourself & got good results from. Thanks!

Vballchick

Asked by Vballchick at 4:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• olive oil and mayo are both pretty inexpensive because you can get them right out of your kitchen
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 4:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• After I shower and wash my hair I put a small amount of Garnier Fructis with nutritive fruit micro-oils Leav-in conditioning cream for frizzy, dry or unmanageable hair, just a small amount applied to the lower half of my hair....I comb it in and blow dry then flat iron.. I works really good for me and it last a few days before I have to rewash and start all over again.
    It keep my hair shiney and sleek and looking good and healthy.... Dont use too much or your hair will look greasey and dirty fast, alittle goes a long way
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:41 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I've heard mayo or Beer actually work pretty well.
    75mom75

Answer by 75mom75 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I found this great leave in conditioner at my local beauty supply store (sally's beauty supply for me). They have this thing called "Hask and Placenta" and yes it does sound kind of gross at first. It's made with things like aloe, henna extract, hask placenta (cow.... ya...), and some other vitamins and such. I use it on my hair 1-2 times a week and it's just as soft as my 2 years old! :)
    ColorMeCurvy

Answer by ColorMeCurvy at 4:49 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Coconut oil - virgin unrefined. Scoop it out - it will melt right into your hair, your skin - it's awesome. I do deep leave in "basting" sessions 3x week. After about 15 mins, I just hop into the shower and bathe per normal. Cheap, natural, and yum.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 6:43 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Olive oil...and honey. Mayo is more of a protein.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 3:53 PM on Jan. 23, 2009