How long does it take to get pregnant?????

My hubby and I have been trying for 1 year and nothing. I was pregnant once and had to have a DNC at 8 wks. How often does it take so long to get pregnant? The doctor doesn't seem to be concerned and says that I am healthy and will conceive soon. Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• The "normal" time period is within a year if the couple has no fertility issues.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 4:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Took me less than a month for both of mine but everyone is different...when it's time for you ...you will.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 4:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• It took me 2 1/2 years and that was after 3 months of Clomid.
    Anonymous

• Most docs will offer help if you have not conceived within a year. If you do not get pregnant again within a year of your miscarriage, then you should talk to your doctor.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• First time: 6 months. Had a miscarriage.
    Second time: Just slightly over a year after my miscarriage. Had a healthy baby!
    Each time we were not using protection, birth control or even pulling out.
    Anonymous

• How old are you? Everyone is different, but age plays a big part cuz in general, according to my doc, the older the women get the harder they conceive cuz they produce less eggs.
    erlsk

Answer by erlsk at 4:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• It took my mother 18 months with one of my sisters, a year with me. For me it took about 6 months with my daughter (we weren't trying but we were having unprotected sex for 6 months before I got pregnant). And with this current pregnancy it took me 8 months. There are a lot of issues that can affect your fertility. But if your doctor says that you're okay. I would try for another 4 months and still if there's nothing then I'd go see a fertility specialist
    ColorMeCurvy

Answer by ColorMeCurvy at 4:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• LOL depends on how fast them little fish can swim.......
    Anonymous

• If you are over 30, you should "try" for only 6 months before seeing a specialist. If you are under 30, you should try for a year.

It doesn't matter too much that you've been pregnant before. You are older now and your health may have changed.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:00 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Well, my boyfriend and I started dating on April 9th, 2007.

I found out I was pregnant on April 16th, 2008. We started having sex two weeks after we met.

Sooo...about a year for us. And we used protection most of the time.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:00 PM on Jan. 22, 2009