Transition from bassinet to crib

So when my DS gets old enough how do I transition him from the bassinet thats in our room to the crib in another room?

ArmyWife112908

Asked by ArmyWife112908 at 4:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter got too big for her bassinet. I just started laying her down in her crib, for a nap at first, then every night. It was not a bog deal. It was harder for me than for her. If you lay him down when he's sleepy, but not asleep, maybe he can look at a mobile or something to get used to being in there and then he'll fall asleep and know where he is when he wakes up.
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 5:02 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I don't think you have to "transition" him. Just get a baby moniter so you can hear him when he wakes up at night. I don't think your baby will even know he is in another bed.
    Anonymous

• My son liked the crib a lot better. He began sleeping in it at about 3 weeks.
    Anonymous

• Just move him into it. :) If you can't hear him from your room then get a monitor.

Answer by Bmat at 4:49 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• you just do it. my 2nd daughter was in her bassinet in my room till she was 6 months..she still woke up every tim ei woke up..and then i decided to try and see how she would do in her crib and she's slept all night long ever since. one of the reasons i waited so long is she has a sister a yr older than her in there and i didnt think it would be as easy as it was. gl and just do it.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 4:49 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• We just put them in the crib from the beginning. But it shouldn't take much...just start putting him in there.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:57 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Just keep in mind that the AAP and UNICEF both recommend that baby stay in the same room with you until 6 months of age to help prevent SIDS.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2009