are there any budddists or hindu's here at cafe mom?

I can't do the bible talk. I believe in Karma & reincarnation. I'm very different than your typical christian. I do believe Jesus dies for our sins, but in no way shape or form do i believe that he is the only way to "heaven". God would not plan things out that way, that some of us get to go to heaven & others don't based on the one single life we have here. I don't think god would plan for anyone to go to hell if he loves us as much as the bible says. I believe god gives us as many chances we can get to understand the truth....hence reincarnation. Makes a lot more sense to me, any other moms out there with me?

samurai_chica

Asked by samurai_chica at 4:53 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• There are lots of us here, Mama!!
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 5:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Jesus Himself said I am the way the truth and the life and no man comes to the Father except by Me. Christian = follower of Christ = only way to God = only way to heaven. That's basic bible - Jesus teaching 101.
    Anonymous

• Yuppers --- Buddhist right here!

Come chat with us sometime over at the Buddhist Mamas group. :-)

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3949
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 5:54 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Another Buddhist right here... the link that Laura provided to the Buddhist mamas group is a good one! My ILs are Hindu so I'm at least moderately familiar with that faith as well.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 6:27 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I'm a Christian that believes that way as well I think all religions have some truth to them. My Hindu friends have told me they believe that the stories they study are just that, stories to explain a specific point. They did explain that some really depend on the gods in the stories, and they do not discriminate against those who don't. also I think it is up to us as to whether we are sent back or get into heaven, and God plans nothing at all...
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 10:44 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• To the OP and Sophiebethmom: u both state ur Christian but also believe the buddhist teachings. I have to correct you. The bible says if we see a brother or sister in Christ in error we are to let them know. You can not have both. If you are a Christian then you are a follower of Christ and you have excepted Him as your Lord and Savior. He Himself said the only way to the Father is by Him. The bible also says when you're a christian.. to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. In another passage the bible states... It is appointed unto a man to die once. In other word you don't get do overs. No coming back as something else. Once you die you are in eternity. Eternally separated from God or forever with Him in heaven. No other options.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• cont. To the two who are Christians.. I would suggest finding a good bible believing teaching church. Seek the truth of the word of God. Your current thinking and path is not of God at all. I am not trying to judge you I'm only educating you to the word of God and what it says and out of love because I would hope you will seek the truth and not continue in incorrect thinking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Anon: I would suggest to you that you research some of Buddhas teachings yourself, too. You'll find they're not all that dissimilar than those of Christianity. (Compare the 10 Commandments with the 3 Poisons, 5 Precepts, & 10 Good Deeds in Buddhism).

Also... the Buddha is not/was not/ never claimed to be a God... therefore Buddhists are not "worshipping a false idol" or anything like that. In fact, some people consider Buddhism to not be a religion at all... but a philosophy of life... therefore anyone can follow the teachings of the Buddha and still be a Christian, Muslim, Jew, Pagan, or whoever/whatever else they want to be.

They really don't conflict. I'm not trying to judge you, either --- only educate you to the teachings of the Buddha. :-)
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 3:57 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Hindu mom here!!!!!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 8:09 PM on Jan. 23, 2009