Problems with conception and infections?

I have been ttc for 5 years now and it seems that everytime I am trying to ovulate, I get a UTI, or bladder infection, or pelvic infection, or kidney infection and don't really feel in the mood to "try". The doctors say that I am just really prone to the infections. I wanna know if I can still get pregnant even if I try while having a infection? Sorry if this was all TMI.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I would think that you probably can get pregnant even if you have an infection, but if I were you, I think I would try to get to the bottom of the infections before getting preggo. Pregnancy will make you even mrore prone to UTI's, bladder and kidney infections. Does your OB know you have been trying for so long and do they know about your infections? That is something that you should seriously discuss with them before getting preg.
    Anonymous

• try taking those AZO Cranberry pills around the time you ovulate. everytime i feel a uti coming on, i take these and it clears right up :)

as for getting prego while you have an infection, i would just think that a healthy body has a better chance of getting pregnant...
    aml8808

Answer by aml8808 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Maybe your infections have something to do with the soap or laundry detergent you use. My friend had a lot of UTI's and found out it was an allergic reaction to perfumed bar soaps.
    sweettart4

Answer by sweettart4 at 6:14 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I have been to the doctor, but they said I have Pelvic Inflammatory Disease and I will just always be prone to infections.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Jan. 26, 2009