A true antisocial problem.

So i never used to be without friends or companions to hang out with or talk with up until 2 or so years ago. slowly i started being anti social, not wanting to hang out with people, avoiding going anywhere with anyone. now because of this all i have is my family and my boyfriend. i have tried to make friends and do things but i have no will to actually do it. i enjoy people and their company but i dont know what is wrong with me. the poeple i do befriend are usually guys and they stop kicking it with me once they find out im not interested in them as more than a friend and its hard for me to find female friends who will put up with my sence of humor. i like poop jokes and im loud and i cuss, ALOT. im not the normal SD beach babe. but even lately, everything i used to love to do, i dont have any interest in. any advice or suggestions?

Naivenewcomer

Asked by Naivenewcomer at 4:57 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• Could you be depressed? It seems as if what you are describing is more of a pattern of depression symptoms. Have you thought about visit your family doctor? Good luck, dear.
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 5:22 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• i do not have any suggestions for i am the same way. lol. i have a crude sense of humor and dont tend to get along with females all that much. i tend to be around guys alot more. they seem to share my humor.
    but i dont mind much. maybe i will later in life but for now i dont care. lol.
    Hannahs_Mum

Answer by Hannahs_Mum at 5:23 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Dont feel bad I am the same exact way, and honestly pretty happy with it that way my best friend is my SO and same goes for him as well, friends honestly just have too much drama, and I am too much for them to handle
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 5:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Hannahs Mum and hautemama83, we should hook up and be friends cause I am exactly the same way. My best friend is my younger sister and a woman I met here on CafeMom, lol. I don't like the drama other females bring and my guy friends are cool but I only really hang with them when we celebrate someone's birthday.
    Grneydmomof2

Answer by Grneydmomof2 at 5:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I'm the same way. I am fully capable of being friendly with the people around me, but don't have "friends". I don't like being friends with women for the most part. I have a female "best friend" who I can't live without, but she is in Cali and I am in MN and our relationship is the weirdest thing because neither one of us likes spending time with other females. Lets all be different together!
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 5:54 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• see your doctor if you feel there is a big change:( it sounds like you are goign through the stages of depression(MINOR) depression.It starts off like that,than can turn worse.
    I LOVE hanging out with an ybody,but the problem is,I do not have the time,and it makes me feel so depressed because of it,so I have to make time.
    Good Luck.:) & I prefer males too,females cause LOTS of drama!NOT ALL,but some lol
    NaNcYBoUt

Answer by NaNcYBoUt at 6:15 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• You sound like you in a rut and getting depressed about it, try and kick start your life again. Contact those old friends, do something you never would do normally, try something new! I became very anti-social after High school and after I got married and had my baby, I started with seeing my family more and opening back up to them then contacted my friends from high school now Im more open to things and people. I have a whacked sense of humor too, I think farts are hilarious!! If someone doesnt like my personality I just move onto the next person, there are billions of people on the planet!!! Try some one new!
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 6:26 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I am the same. I just don't like to hang out too much with other women . They get very competitive and also will try to act like your friend to your face, and stab you in the back ,especially when they are with other friends. They get jealous and got forbid you lose weight , they will badger you over and over about being too skinny. Guess what ? I would rather be alone. Now hanging out with guys ,that is so much better.................... So in retrospect you don't have to be depressed to not want to hang out with other women.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like depression or social anxiety disorder.
    Anonymous

• I'm also the same way...and he older I get, the more I HATE women! LOL

One of my lifelong friends is a gay man....it's really the best of both worlds...great decorating and beauty/style advice, he's "safe," and is even able to give a "guy's perspective" on things!! Oh, and he was always a very handsome "emergency date" for special events/parties!!! LOL
    Anonymous