how do I survive?

I have a one and a half baby girl and a two week old baby girl how do I make time for the two of them please help me!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

• What to you mean make time for them? Do you mean, share your time between the two of them? If that's the question, you learn that with time. You should try and start getting the older one to nap during the day when the 2 week old naps. It will be hard, but you could start trying this now. In time you should be able to sleep during the day when they are both napping,but it takes time to train the older one.
    Anonymous

• When you're feeding or holding the baby, have a basket of library books and puzzles nearby that you only get out during those times, and play with your toddler.

If you have someone to help you go to some yard sales, find some magnets, bath toys...I sometimes find great children's books for as little as .10! Kids love having the same story read to them again and again...

If your toddler likes taking a bath, there's nothing wrong with letting her do that in the middle of the afternoon! Don't fill the tub much, and when the water gets cool, add some warm water.

The library is a great place, esp if you have a small town one (I'd choose that over a larger one) because your toddler can choose as many books as she wants (how exciting!)- sometimes we bring home like 40!

TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:45 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• This will get better and there will be days when you are happy that you have them so close in age. Just remember to take time for yourself. Maybe someone else can watch them for you for a couple of hours so you can take a NAP!
    comfycouch

Answer by comfycouch at 10:20 PM on Jul. 19, 2008