Is there any way to get rid of ants without chemical sprays?

I have a medically fragile child who has respiratory problems and I don't want to use sprays. Please HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I heard baking soda works. You put it where the trail of ants are, there supposed to eat it and they die. It doesn't hurt to try it out.
    Anonymous

• Corn starch. Sprinkle it where they comin in at or where u see them. It works
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 5:20 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I had an ant problem once, and the first time i had to spray them with the radi spray to kill the ones that were inside. But then, i got the combat things that you put out for ants. Not the roach ones. And i havn't had a problem since. And seriously i havn't replaced them in like 4 years. I don't know if they are still good or not but i havn't had ants inside anymore. They are white in color. Also, if they are in your house, and you can't use the raid spray. Try spraying them with what ever kitchen cleaner you are using like clorox clean up of lysol. Or mix bleach and water to spray on the ones inside . that should kill them too.
    Anonymous

• Baby powder can be used too. For some reason they can't walk over a line of it, probably because it gets in all of their joints and messes them up.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:53 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Two things.
    Ist ants hate the smell and/or feel of bleach, you can sprinkle any scouring powder with bleach thru the path into your home, 2nd they also hate cinammon, (I know sounds crazy) my grandson had great fun sprinkling ground cinammon all over the ant hills in my yard, make sure you do this after rains etc. Good old dollar stuff from general dollar etc works.
    copsmom_99

Answer by copsmom_99 at 11:19 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I used cinnamon and that helped.
    mooselover

Answer by mooselover at 9:57 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Orange oil works so quick and fast. I couldn't believe how fast it sent our ants away. You're house will smell like fruit loops for a while (which for some might be a bonus) but the ants will retreat fast. It seems to last a good long time too. You can find orange oil at any garden or hardware store.

Deety

Answer by Deety at 11:16 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Try the laundry soap Borax.
    Jeffsmom87

Answer by Jeffsmom87 at 8:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I heard that a bay leaf where they seem to go alot works.It's in the herb spices aisle.
    summerray5

Answer by summerray5 at 9:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2009