2 year old not listening.

my 2 year old girl will not listen for anything... is this normal? i know she understands what i am saying and she knows what to do, but she just won't. it goes in one ear and out the other.

setliff

Asked by setliff at 5:16 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She is testing you to see how much she can get away with. yes its normal and its gonna get worse.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:20 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I have a two year old daughter and she is loud and doesnt listen to me either. I know she understands but sometimes i just go crazy cause I just dont know what to do. Yes its completly normal. I asked the doctor and she told me to read to her, sing to her and play with her. HAHAHA LIKE THATS EASY, LIKE THATS GOING TO HELP. have patients thats all I can advice. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
    hmomr

Answer by hmomr at 5:26 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My son will be 2 in 3 months. He does not listen either. I've had his hearing tested and the Dr says his hearing is GREAT. I don't know why I took him to have his hearing tested because when he hears Tigger and Poo on the TV he comes running. Does your daughter watch a lot of TV? My son LOVES cartoons!! The TV's in our house are always on cartoons. My husband, mother, and I are always talking to eachother while his cartoons are on. I think he's learned to tune us out so that he can watch his cartoons in peace. Be patient. Keep talking to your daughter. That's all that we can do.
    JourdansMommy

Answer by JourdansMommy at 4:25 PM on Jan. 24, 2009