dr said gonorrhea can come from changing soap

The other day my Dr. told me that you could get gonorrhea from changing soap. Anyone else ever heard of that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Health

• ok..... so is it sharing soap or switching brands?:/
    Anonymous

• That has got to be the most stupid thing I have ever heard. Gonorrhea is a sexually transmitted disease. You can't catch it from changing soap brands. I'd start seeing a new Doctor if I were you.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 5:22 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Are you sure you heard that correctly? I don't mean to laugh as Gonorrhea is a very serious std. That is not true and never will be. sounds like that Dr. needs to get some mental health help. I also advise that you change DR.s. Soap can cause a lot of skin reactions when changed, but not Gonorrhea. I am looking forward to seeing some of the other posts.
    decafsis

Answer by decafsis at 6:05 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• nessirea gonnorea bacteria is only spread through sexual intercourse or vertically through giving birth it is the second most common STD in the U.S. beat by clamydia that can only be transmitted through sex and childbirth (causes blindness in the poor infants) Hence the term sexually transmitted disease the S does not stand for soap and perhaps this doctors initials M.D. stand for Miscreant Dummy.
    GINSMUM123

Answer by GINSMUM123 at 6:19 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Maybe what he meant to say was SHARING a bar of soap?
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 6:24 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Never heard of that one! It is an STD. I would seriously consider looking for another Dr.
    Jakesmom623

Answer by Jakesmom623 at 8:02 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Actually I asked another Dr about it and he conformed most people only know the google answers. You can get its as a non std as a women many things can give you the virus. Most popular is women gettin it from hoted bathrooms. Switchin soaps can give you the virus and he said some women that work out together have tranferred it threw sharrin a towel...gross huh. anyway...
    Anonymous