court question, domestic violence and interferring with 911 call.

Called the cops on ex back in August when I was only a couple weeks pregnant becouse he was screaming at me in front of the kids, following me around the house breaking doors down to get to me to continue fighting. He was pissed becouse I wanted to break things off (go figure!). He ended up slamming a door on my arm, I tried to call 911 and he took the phone from me. I finally got to a neighbor's house to call 911 and they kept him overnight.

Anyways, he kept giving me a paper to sign from his lawyer, saying I was never scared of him and him slamming the door on my arm was an accident and I dropped the cell and he didnt take it. Of course, I never signed these papers. Today he was offered a plea and wouldn't take it, becouse he feels he should get off scott free becouse he "never did anything wrong" and I "need to stop over-reacting".

What will happen to him? How long will this go on before he is convicted?

KimSanAntonio

Asked by KimSanAntonio at 5:24 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• im not sure about that but u need to get a restraining order
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:27 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• each state is different--in ohio where i live a case, if it is a misdemeanor and he isNOTin jail a case has to go to trial within 90 days--however, if he waives time--it can extend out longer then that depending how long that he waived time for--most courts, at least where i live have a prosecutor, and or a victim advocate you can call to keepyou updated on the case--the police department in your area should be able to refer you to someone--the victim advocate/ and or prosecutor should be able to let you know what exactly is going on with the case and when all the hearings are. hope this helps
    jdmyangel

Answer by jdmyangel at 5:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Not sure.

My MIL had the same thing happen --- got into it with her (now ex) husband, she tried to call for help, he broke the phone, etc, etc, etc. She filed against him.

I think he failed to appear in court... there's a warrant out for his arrest now.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 6:14 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Call your local domestic violence shelter and ask them. They would know how your state handles these matters. Each state is different.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• anything can happen to him, but if you dont already have a domestic violence restraining order i would get one.. and in most states its the only one that is free.. he's trying to intimidate you, and he'll keep bullying you until he gets his way... i was in an abusive relationship, and myrestraining order was denied because as the judge put it, " it wasnt violent enough" i was 19 and scared... so, i took things into my own hands... i called my uncle who is a police officer and asked him to help me get a gun, and weapons permit... im almost 35, and i still have that gun, but i dont carry it with me, nor is it put together. my ex, at that time... had written bitch on the back of my car, and broke all the windows in my house... i had no proof... but when i showed up to his work and put the gun to his face and pulled the trigger, he knew i wasnt playing anymore, i never heard from him again.... not all women are this lucky
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 7:44 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• part two... some women live in terror, and going thru counseling with them, most are beaten, and a few have been killed.. and most replies are..... oh he wont go that far.... BS! you gotta watch out for yourself and your children... if you get your restraining order, have it say anywhere you or your children are... good luck...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 7:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Who cares what happens to him. Get far away and now. Make sure you are in a safe place where he can't find you. Get a restraining order and make sure you are very careful of where you go and who you are with...don't go anywhere alone.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:31 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I dont care what happens to him becouse I care about him, I'm just curious what the outcome will be. I'm really not going to worry about the restraining order, I'm dating a pretty big guy now who's pretty intimidating so he's been smart enough to stay away :) But, if he does contact me again it is something I will put some serious thought into.
    How does waiving time work? I think he's done that already . . .
    KimSanAntonio

Answer by KimSanAntonio at 10:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Be glad he's stupid enough to reject the plea bargain. He's not going to get off scott free. If he keeps insisting on innocence and rejecting any offers he's going to get the max. I know what you are going through and have been through has been very hard. You have been very strong. A lot of women take men like this back again and again because of fear. Good for you for not giving in. Hang in there!!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:31 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• You just need to pun on your tennie's and start running......... He's not gonna change, and he s letting you know that he sees no wrong in his actions!!!! Run Girl!!! RUN!!!
    jennieo622

Answer by jennieo622 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 22, 2009