how old

should your baby be til you give them stage one jar foods?
and when did your baby start teething?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I beleive you start with all the infant cereals first at 4 months. Once you get through all of them you can begin stage 1 foods. As far as teething, I think it varies a lot. My DD didn't get teeth until after 6 months.
    VirgoMom807

Answer by VirgoMom807 at 5:27 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• our dd started teething at 2-3 months. First tooth came through when she was 4 1/2 months old.

We started first jar foods (mashed carrots) when she was almost 4 months old. BUT she only had 2-3 spoons a day when we started ;)

before we started the carrots food we added a sip of specific baby carrot juice in her formula, to get her used to the taste ;)

my midwife recommended me to do it that way and it worked great :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• MY BABY STARTED TEETHING AT 4 MONTHS. SHE CRIED THE WHOLE TIME CAUSE IT WOULD HURT HER. ABOUT JAR FOODS, DOCTORS RECOMEND AT 6 MONTHS AND/OR ABOUT WHN THE COULD SIT UP.
    hmomr

Answer by hmomr at 5:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My son got his first two teeth at 5 months and started solids around the same time.
    Anonymous

• We never gave stage 1. We used stage 2 because one jar of stage 2 was cheaper than two jars of stage 1...and as long as you don't give the stage 2 combos, it's the same food! We just gave 1/2 a jar in the beginning.

Teething...I think they were around 6 or 7 months? Not sure without checking their books. lol

Oh, we started solids at 4 months.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:05 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Listen to the health experts and the research, not what other moms did. Virtually all health organizations say nothing but breastmilk or formula for the first 6 months.
    Unfortunately, many health care providers are not up to date in what they're telling parents, and many, many books are not up to date.

Based on recent research, the AAP and other health organizations recommend that all babies be exclusively breastfed (no cereal, juice or any other foods) for the first 6 months of life (NOT the first 4-6 months).
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:37 PM on Jan. 22, 2009