FOCA overrides parental consent for an abortion !!!??

A result of Obama's Freedom of Choice Act would be the overriding of laws that requires parental notification for abortions performed on minors. Do you agree with Obama's decision to write and pass this?

thundernlight

Asked by thundernlight at 5:33 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Nope. if my minor child got into ANY trouble, then my office phone had better start ringing.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 5:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Nope I do not!I better be notified!
    tomsbrandi

Answer by tomsbrandi at 5:35 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I forgot to add a very important link for people to read the facts about this bill. here it is, please read!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_Choice_Act
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 5:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Yes, I do. In fact, I live in one of 6 states that do not have a parental consent law for abortion. This was on our ballot last November. I voted against it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:38 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Misstatement of fact #1: It is NOT Obama's Freedom of Choice Act. It is the Freedom of Choice Act.

Misstatement of fact #2: Obama did not write the bill, but said that he would sign it into law as president if passed.

As for whether or not I agree, yes, I am 100% in support of FOCA and this is not the only question at the moment concerning FOCA, there is at least 1 other a few questions down.
    Anonymous

• Here's two links for you:

1) the bill itself: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=s110-1173
    2) fact check of popular misconceptions: http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/choice.asp
    Anonymous

• well Obama has the right NOT to sign it so therefore it is kinda him passing it...
    i DO NOT agree with this. that is just rediculous. I just can't believe he would pass that after stating that he doesn't agree with abortion. yes i know he said that he won't judge those who do but if he's so against it then why even sign it in the first place. for get what i said. i CAN believe that he would do it...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 5:43 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• NO...I don't agree. In fact, it was the major problem I had with him during his campaign. FOCA will strip ALL regulations...also permitted would be: partial-birth abortions, induced-labor abortions, and girls of any age could get an abortion without the parents ever knowing she was pregnant. (which in my opinion protects pedifiles who tell these girls that they "love" her, but encourage her to get an abortion because a pregnancy would get him in trouble)
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 5:43 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I don't agree with Obama on a lot of things. He is pro-abortion and thinks a baby is a punishment...what a dad huh?
    Anonymous

• wow. anon 5:39. not quite sure I understand your argument of #1. But as far as #2 goes. let me clarify. change the word WRITE to CO-SPONSER. Does that better fit your clarfication needs? Obama CO-SPONSERED the 2007 version of the bill as Senator.

thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 5:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2009