• In the Spotlight:

Ok have your kids embarrased you like this......

today was the day for embarrasment.

At the store today my 3 year old dd started screaming "hey Santa, hey" over and over. I looked and it was a chubby man with a white beard and hair grinning at us. Not too bad right?......then

My 5 year old looked at me and said "mom, seriously its a pirate right over there look, a pirate right there" I turned to look and it was a man about 60 with a hook arm prosthesis. I was so embarrased.

My son didnt mean it to be mean....he thinks pirates are cool and probably wanted to go over and get his autograph...lol

But really twice in ONE day!!!!

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 5:38 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lol, sorry, I know that would be embarrassing.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 5:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I've had the Santa thing happen actually a couple of times, but no pirates! I'm sure your LO wasn't the first to say that to about the man, and hopefully he knows that he didn't mean to be rude! I'm sure he understood!

The most embarassing thing my son did was when we were in line at the checkout one day and the lady in front of us was fairly big. He tapped her on the arm and said "Do you want to try some diet pills? You can try them for free." I was mortified. I apologized about 100 times to her. She laughed luckily and said she has kids too, knows how it is. But I still feel horrible! When I asked him why he said that, he said he saw it on tv, must have been a commercial or something. He had just turned 3 at the time.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 5:43 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• We were eating out one night when my daughter was about 3 and I was eating crab legs. She proceeded to stand up on her chair and yell "Hey Mom, you have crabs!" I wanted to eat the rest of my dinner under the table. Out of the mouths of babes!
    Adria71

Answer by Adria71 at 6:26 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• LOL... You've got to laugh though.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 6:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• The first time my son saw an Amish family was in line at the grocery store. He pointed at the little girl in front of us and yelled, "she has a napkin on her head!"

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:43 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I took my youngest to Target once when she was 3 or 4. A rather large woman was walking towards the shampoo aisle. My daughter kept saying, "Look, mommy! Look how big her skirt is!" And I said, "Ssshhh!", thinking she'd listen. "But mommy! That skirt is SOOO big! It's really REALLY big!!!". I grabbed her and quietly and explained that we dont comment on people's appearances outloud unless we're saying something nice." So she looked thoughful and finally says, "I should have said, 'BOOYAH!!! WHAT A BIG SKIRT!!!"' I could have smothered her with my sweater right then. And where did she pick up "booyah"?
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 8:08 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• He had a banner day. Santa and a pirate in one day. And you didn't have to pay for Disneyworld.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 10:30 PM on Jan. 22, 2009