Peanut butter recall

is there any specific products that has been recalled or is it all peanut butter products?

mama28th

Asked by mama28th at 5:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Food & Drink

• peanut butter sold directly to the consumer (i.e. JIF, Peter Pan) are said to be safe. Things like peanut butter crackers, cookies, etc. are what we are supposed to be cautious with.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 5:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• jars of peanut butter are fine. things that have peanut butter in them, like pb crackers, cookies, little debbies, ect. those are not safe. so if you have some of those in your pantry get rid of them
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 5:44 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• You can go to the CDC website for a list of the specific products. HOWEVER, I am one of "those people" that are NOT taking any chances with getting sick. We are not eating any peanut butter at all in my house until all of this is over and done with .
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 5:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Any peanut butter and/or products that came from that Georgia plant are what is being recalled. They say any sold in jars is probably ok. Smuckers Co. (JIFamong them) are fine. And Peter Pan is fine. Most of the products are cookies, crackers, anything made with peanut butter paste, etc. are in the recall. They do have an extensive list on a website, but I don't know what that site is. I wonder if the Girl Scout cookies are ok??? And, I saw an article in our local paper about a group just returning from a Honduras missions trip. They gave out peanut butter sandwiches to the poor/homeless down there. I was thinking "I hope it wasn't any of the PB within the recall!"

PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 10:16 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• If you go on the FDA's website, there is a complete list of products. They say the jars are okay but like others said, I might stay away from peanut butter for a while (although I've been craving Reese's peanut butter cups for days now!!)
    L_Bass

Answer by L_Bass at 8:44 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Ah! You crave because you cannot have! LOL. Sorry, just HAD to say it...

Thanks for the website.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 10:02 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Girl Scout cookies are OK. We're selling them now, and got an email from the bakery saying they're OK.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:09 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• My name is Miller Susen, and I work on digital media for one of the manufacturers of Girl Scout cookies. I just wanted to alert everyone to the news release on the Girl Scouts of America Web site which states:

“Girl Scout Cookies Not Affected By Peanut Butter Warning”

http://www.girlscouts.org/news/news_releases/2009/girl_scout_cookies.asp

Please help us share this good news with friends and family so that they can continue to enjoy Girl Scout Do-Si-Dos® (Peanut Butter Sandwich) and Tagalongs® (Peanut Butter Patties®).
    millerpede

Answer by millerpede at 9:50 AM on Jan. 26, 2009