tax question...spinoff from another question

So i did my taxes already, but when i saw someone ask about the stimulus check, decided to go to hrblock.com and just do the calculator. well when i did the caculator, it said i should get over $6,000...but i did my taxes the other day, and i get WAY less than that...why?? it doesn't make sense. i did it all the same way...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• My husband did the same thing and we were supposed to get $7200 but he didn't include the stimulus money and when our tax person did it we now are only getting a total of Fed and State of $5300. She said it was because we didn't put the stimulus money in. I was didappointed but it is better than nothing. And she said that the people that don't put that in their taxes will get the money but they will get audited and have to give it back + penilties and interest. Take to a pro.
    Anonymous

• well I put the stimulus check in the calculator...i don't understand how it says it could be so much and i didn't even get half of that...
    Anonymous

• they might be doing something wrong. You can go to other places and get a second look.
    We did it through H and R block as well...We did the calculater and it was right we got maybe even a hundred more?
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 7:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2009