What is the BEST over the counter pain killer?

I have a tootheache that won't let up...and nothing seems to be helping, no insurace can't go to the dentist

Nicholeb211

Asked by Nicholeb211 at 6:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Health

• Motrin the name brand one,
    Anonymous

• yeah motrin
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 6:08 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• GO buy yourself some clove spice you can use either the clove itself or the ground up clove,pack this in your tooth,it helped me when i had an impacted wisdom tooth helped me stop crying! Also gargle with some hydrogen peroxide, this helped me out too. Good Luck So sorry your hurting.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 6:11 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Excedrin usually works best for me. Orajel also makes a topical gel for mouth/canker sores tha forms a protective coating -- it numbs really well. Might want to try that. Ice packs might help, too.

Be VERY careful with a toothache, though. My uncle had one for a while -- refusing to go to the dentist. He past out while driving... the infection had spread to his brain. He almost died.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 6:20 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• omg anon :16 that was so unnecessary.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 6:35 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I use Excedrin. Motrin is a good one, too. Ice will also help numb the pain. If the toothache continues, you should see a dentist, though.
    Jakesmom623

Answer by Jakesmom623 at 8:00 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• If you go to a hospital that has dentistry I don't they will refuse you in an emergency. Good luck andI'm sorry because I know how painful it is
    voyager3

Answer by voyager3 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I was taught to rub whiskey on my gums to deaden the pain., This isn't a joke, this is what I do and it really helps
    voyager3

Answer by voyager3 at 11:54 AM on Jul. 27, 2010