Why am I so scared?

I had a little girl almost 4 years ago, so this isn't my first, but the circumstances are very different.

I'm with an amazing guy, and we're getting married in two months. I have a lot of support from both sides of the family, I'm just so SCARED! I go from excited to scared to nervous and then wishing I wasn't pregnant. I had to change my wedding date to a courthouse wedding and I feel almost resentment, but I know it's my own fault for not being as careful as I should have.

I'm only 6 weeks and I hate feeling like this, because I want to be happy and excited like everyone else and my Fiance is noticing I'm not happy and it makes him worry.

Is this normal? What can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2012 in Pregnancy

• You are undergoing a lot of changes right now a new baby and getting married. It is normally to have anxiety when faced with these changes and it might help if you talked to someone like your finance or a councilor who can help you understand your feelings. Give yourself more time to adjust to all the changes. If you have your heart set on a big wedding and don't want the courthouse wedding why not wait until after the baby is born to get married or if it is important to get married soon then have the courthouse wedding and then on your one year anniversary have the big wedding and then both your kids can be in the wedding.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 3:34 PM on Mar. 24, 2012

• Just blame it on the hormones, hun. Go to that lovely guy of yours and tell him: "Honey, I am upside down and inside out. You are to drop whatever you're doing, hold me tight and let me have a good old cry or I will go insane." lol ... But all kidding aside ... do that. It helps. I always feel guilty about feeling like crying, because it doesn't change anything. (Don't be whiney and so forth.) And then I tell my hubby and he goes: "Nope, it doesn't change anything, but it helps to make you feel better." :-) And he's right. Blow off steam, let it out. GL!
    Pucki

Answer by Pucki at 3:55 PM on Mar. 24, 2012

• I think that is normal to be scare to changes. your feelings might be worst with your pregnancy but you'll be fine. talk to your husband and explain you'll get worried only if he worries about it. And for the wedding if you can wait and do it the way that makes you happy why not? Its a celebration of uniting your life not an obligation,..but good luck!!!
    LilTymomma

Answer by LilTymomma at 6:06 PM on Mar. 24, 2012

• You're just overwhelmed with a new baby and a wedding that sounds like you had planned to be in reverse order. Try to roll with the idea that plans change, but the result is the same. You will be married and having a new baby together. Once it is done, I think you will be able to settle into life a little more easily.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2012

• You have a lot going on, you are a mom, and about to change your life drastically. Talk to your fiance openly- it doesn't have to be a big wedding, doesnt even have to be before baby is born. it is up to you two.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2012

• TALK TO HIM, he's concerned as u ;)
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 8:12 AM on Mar. 26, 2012