Who gives more to charity Liberal Democrats or Conservative Republicans?

Who do you feel gives more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Conservatives give a higher percentage of income because liberals think that government should be taking care of everybody.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 12:17 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Conservatives
    http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=2682730

Statistically, the poor give more % than the rich, too, regardless of party.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I think Conservatives may give more individually (meaning per family). i.e., one family may give $2500
    But, I believe more Liberals give (but as all the liberals I know are poor, the amounts are smaller). i.e., 25 families give a TOTAL of $2500

Just as example. LOL I am a Liberal as are everyone in my family and we gave about $3000-$4000 total last year. But considering that no one in my family makes more that $20,000 a year, that ain't half bad! Myself and my husband gave about $300 (but again, when you have a family of 6 to feed on less than $20K, that's pretty good). Also, personally, we make donations of stuff... clothes and books and stuff no longer used to Salvation Army and such.
    Anonymous

• Also as a side note. I honestly do not care WHO gives more, liberals or conservatives... just that people give. THAT is more important than party affiliation of political leanings.
    Anonymous

• Sorry (why can't we have an edit button on these things!) that should read "THAT is more important than party affiliations OR political leanings." (not of). LOL Sorry, kids running around and I have a headache.
    Anonymous

• Why would it matter who gives more, what is your point? Are you trying to say one care less than the other?
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 6:25 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I asked the question because so many have said conservatives are out for themselves and do not help anyone but themselves. Conservatives tend to give a little over 4 percent to charity while Liberals give a little over 1 percent. Our current President gave 1 percent until he ran for office then upped that to 6.1 percent one year then down to 5 percent. Biden has never give over 1k to charity he makes well over the 250k that makes Americans "rich". In comparison McCain has been giving 26-27 percent to charity for a while now and "heartless" Cheney has given 8 million to charities for the 8 years he was in office. The Clintons do give to charity and are most definitely givers but they seem to be an exception when it comes to Liberals in charge. I wonder why that is.

Anonymous

• Seems Liberals feel the Government should take care of people and maybe Conservatives feel we should help ourselves and others instead?
    Anonymous

• Just a hand-full of conservatives that I know collectively do more for charity (money donations, clothing and food donations, lower income housing projects that are actually VERY nice, etc.) than all of the liberals that I know(collectively). They don't seek attention and don't take credit. They just do for their fellow man as they would wish done for them if they were in a time of need. I think this is a common misconception many have with the opposing party.

I am posting this anon because I don't think it's important how much you give, but that you give from your heart.  I give what I can, and sometimes until I feel the pinch.  I keep in mind that others that need are feeling that pinch as well. 

Anonymous

• Republicans. They did a study in 2004 and it said Republicans do. 

Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 6:38 PM on Jan. 22, 2009