HELP My 2 1/2 year old wont stop screaming!!!

My 2 1/2 yearold screams over everything. I can't handle much more, nothing makes him happy and everything makes him scream, Hes not hungry, he took his nap, he wont play with me, wont talk to me...Help please.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• One of my twins was going through some anxiety/fear issues from about 2.5 - 3. He would scream a lot too....and contradict himself all the time. It might just be a phase. Might not be a similar situation for you, but when the twins moved up to the preschool room, they weren't bored, and the screaming subsided quite a bit.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Hmmm anything else going on?? Does he have a temp? A cold? Is he going to the bathroom/having wet/soiled diapers???
    What do you do when he screams? Have you tried just letting him be to see if he calms down on his own? How long has this been going on? Have you called the pedi?
    Hang in there. If he's still like this tomorrow perhaps you should call the pedi and see what they say. When his screaming gets to you and you feel like you can't figure out what's bothering him, just make sure he's safe and go into another room for a minute to catch your breath.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 8:31 PM on Jan. 22, 2009