i need help im going crazy........

i have three kids and my four year old is making me so mad she thinks shes the boss and told me today that she doesnt like me and that she doesnt want to live with me anymore that she wants to live with nana,it broke my heart what do i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My 4 yo DS thinks he is the boss. He makes me crazy too. When he was saying mean and hurtful things I'd send him to his room to have some alone time. I encourage him to express his feelings in words as best as he can without saying mean things. Now I get, "Mommy you are making me so angry......." It's tough and now my 3 yo DD is copying him! I've no problem with him expressing his anger, he's just not to be mean and if he is he's sent to his room till I'm ready to talk with him. Also he's not allowed to play with anything, he's to think about the mean things he's said.
    Good luck to you.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:58 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I tell my son "You live here with Mom and Dad. You really hurt my feelings, when you say you don't like me." Then I let him think about it and ask him later if he'd like to say he is sorry.

Good Luck! I hear girls are harder headed.
    PeytonNBella

Answer by PeytonNBella at 6:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• my lil girl use to tell me that it does hurt but say no you stay with mama and daddy you can visit nana but thats it. hope my info helps ya.:D
    seasnakesc

Answer by seasnakesc at 6:25 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My 4YO hasn't said anything like that but He is getting really bossy! He will say to me "I TOLD you to get me something to drink!" I don't respond to that and he knows it....
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 7:13 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• my son has said the exact same thing to me. it broke my heart too, but i told him i would help him pack his bag and he could not take any toys or clothes that i had bought for him. he quickly changed his tune!
    travzmom

Answer by travzmom at 8:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2009