Yogurt for babies?

I have been told to offer yogurt to my 8 month old. Do they make yogurt for babies? If so, where do you find it? I havent seen any at the store. Doesnt regular yogurt have salt and cow's milk and stuff she shouldnt have?

AliMom714

Asked by AliMom714 at 6:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ive heard of the dissolvable snacks that are made for babies and are made of yogurt

butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 6:20 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Specific baby yoghurt. Yes. I feed it to my daughter since she was 6months old. Not really sure where in the states you can buy those, and if you can actually get them there. Never really seen it when we lived there.

We live in germany now and here you get those specific baby yoghurts at drugstores and grocery stores.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• There's a difference between giving her straight cows milk and a dairy product. Cows milk is a dairy product, but dairy products are not cow's milk.

YoBaby is supposed to be "for babies". My kids hated it. I just gave them regular yogurt.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:25 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• What my son LOVED is YoBaby Yogurt by Stonyfield Farms. It has cream on the top which you can mix in and it is so rich. He still asks for it, but it is geared for infants - we've moved on to bigger kid yogurt. I am in California, too, so you should be able to find it. We bought it a Nob Hill and Safeway and I think Whole Foods carries it, too.
    musicmamma169

Answer by musicmamma169 at 6:26 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• yo baby. or gerber makes a banana one
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 6:43 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I bought YoBaby at Shoprite. some stores have it in the "organic" section. We have graduated to kid yogurt now, it's thicker and my DD tries to feed herself.
    chuggerboysmom

Answer by chuggerboysmom at 7:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Gerber Makes it diffent favlors my son dont really like it too much but he'll eat it tho
    IloveMyKids415

Answer by IloveMyKids415 at 7:07 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I bought the Yobaby once. . . now I buy the unflavored Stoneyfield organic yogurt and mix in my own fruit puree. . . I read what was in them and the peach had all sorts of different juices for color and they have sugar.  Oh and the cost is the same for 24 oz Yobaby or 32 oz plain or vanilla. . .

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• yes their is baby yogurt it's at walmart where they keep their butter and things and it has a picture of the baby on it i give it to my daughter all the time
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 12:43 AM on Jan. 23, 2009