Self Portrait Showdowns

In the showdowns, I am ALWAYS seeing women put their daughters in the Self-portrait category. I feel bad for the women who are putting themselves in, and having to compete against a child. I was under the assumption, self portrait meant, a picture of yourself....but what do I know. Anyone else have issues with Showdowns?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've always agreed with you on that too! I seriously doubt your baby was able to set the camera up and take a picture of him/herself! That annoys me to no end!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 6:25 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I agree, how could self portrait mean anything other than a picture of you? NOT YOUR KIDS.
    thatjennchick

Answer by thatjennchick at 6:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Well yeah, its suppose to be YOUR picture. But i rather look at a cute child than a not really good-looking mother ;)

i wouldnt bother with it too much. because i dont really think you are here because you want to get a high score on the showdowns, right? :)

i dont think its that big of a deal what pictures they put on there ;)

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:24 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Ha. I've seen that too. I think they are under the assumption that self-portrait means that you took the picture yourself, not OF yourself. Oh, well. Never over-estimate what people know. That's what CM has taught me.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 6:25 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I think thats part of the problem, m robertson, is that women get so jealous when they see a good looking woman, and they vote against her, even though the picture is a REAL self portrait. I have no jealousy issues and applaud all the still looking good after having kids Mommas! I will vote for you! lol. But yes, it bugs me to, when I see pics of kids in self portrait. hahaha I lost to one today in fact! I know what a self-portrait is, but others don't lol. Ohwell :)
    ItalianMomma04

Answer by ItalianMomma04 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Whats wrong with wanting to get a high score on a showdown? Isn't that why we enter them...to win??
    Anonymous

• "Whats wrong with wanting to get a high score on a showdown? Isn't that why we enter them...to win??"

Spoken like someone who enters pictures of their baby in the Self portrait showdowns! lol
    Anonymous

Alright, I laughed out loud on that one.
    ItalianMomma04

Answer by ItalianMomma04 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I lost a best baby bump showdown, because the other mom had a kid in hers kissing her belly. It's supposed to just be about the bump, right? Hers clearly fell under the sweetest moment category,
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

I totally agree with you. I have lost a self portrait to a child, and there have been soooo many times, the person up against me, has (IMO) had their pic in the wrong category. Sometimes I want to forfeit some of them, like my self portrait one, because I felt the odds of me winning against a child are unfair. Most women see a child and want to vote for them over the adult. But I stuck with the showdown, lost and then entered a bunch more LOL.
    ItalianMomma04

Answer by ItalianMomma04 at 6:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2009