When did your baby walk (if he/she has yet)?

My Eva is 9 1/2 months old and has been pulling herself up and walking along furniture since 7 months when she learned to crawl. She now is even able to stand totally on her own and only gets back on her knees when she realizes she's standing by herself. She is so close to walking and even takes steps when we hold onto her hands. I'm totally fine with her not walking yet (she's already into everything lol) but I'm just curious when everyone's kids started walking. In some ways I look forward to it, in some ways I don't lol.

stargazerwolf

Asked by stargazerwolf at 6:26 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• our daughter started to walk when she was about 9-10 months old.. but only when we held her at both hands.

at around 11-14 months it worked great on one hand. Since she is 14 1/2 months old she walks all by herself. Two weeks after that she fell for the first time (when walking alone) and wouldnt walk without being held for 2 weeks :-/ .. but since then she is running around like theres no tomorrow :D

oh and she started crawling AFTER she knew how to walk ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• my son didn't start till 14 months...but some start early like at 8 months
    Anonymous

• mine was really late - 14 months. if you want her to walk, buy one of those toy carts. that''s how mine walked.
    erlsk

Answer by erlsk at 6:30 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• my oldest dd was walking by 8months and my youngest is 8 months now and she is trying to walk
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 6:37 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• 10 months and 15 months. I'm sure that my son who walked at 15 months "could" do it about 3 months sooner, but never thought to let go until then! I was quite happy to let him take his time!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:38 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• 10 months, 9 months and 11 months (10 adjusted)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• my daughter started walking from 9 to 10 months old
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 12:38 AM on Jan. 23, 2009