Are you having a hard time accepting getting older? How do you deal with it??

I am going thru early mid-life, I think. I am turning 35 in a few months. I wake up at night in a panic, thinking, 'how can I be almost 35!?!? WTF?!' I feel 18 inside! I think I look at least 5 yrs younger than my chronological age, but I can't stand the idea of getting older!! My question is to women age 35 and over-HOW ARE YOU DEALING/ACCEPTING THE FACT THAT YOU ARE GETTING OLDER? I wan't to feel good and confident about it, but am having the damndest time dealing with it! I keep joking with myself 'you are a couger in training, Rach!' Please share your advice and input with me! Thanx so much!

glitter_bomb

Asked by glitter_bomb at 6:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Health

• LOL, I had the same feelings when I turned 30. I think it had to do with the fact that my Mom died at the age of 31.

I just turned 40 this past October and I'm proud to be in good health and shape. I too feel like I'm 18 and that's exactly what it is. Age is a number.

As a matter of fact I saw on the news earlier today that Harvard said they would "raise the age expectancy" if we cleaned up the air pollution. Hell if they get busy we'll live till were 100.

Happy Birthday Rach you have nothing to fear!
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 6:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I can't cuz I'm going through exact same thing, so very good question. Know that you are NOT alone. I'd like to hear the answers!
    erlsk

Answer by erlsk at 6:35 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I hated 30!! Just divorced, two babies..just didn't feel my best. I turn 40 this year and I am looking forward to it. Everyone I think hits an age they hate!! Some older, some younger. It will pass and you will realize that it just isn't so bad. Treat yourself to something special just for you like a day at the spa, a new hair do or hair color, a facial, pedicure, wardrobe. Do something for you. You will feel better!!
    Happy Birthday!!
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 6:35 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I want to know to I am 34 and I don't look that good anymore everything is sagging cellulite is popping up I never thought I would look like this I used to be the hot girl back in the day LOL
    Anonymous

• I'm turning 38 next month and I have to say that I in no way feel that close to 40. I tend to not take myself too serious and I am a cougar!! *laughs* my hubby is only 29...I stay busy, I take care of myself and I leave the rest up to the Big Guy in the Sky...age is just a number any way honey...you're only as old as you act and feel... :)
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 6:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I'm 42. There ain't a damn thing I can do to stop the process, either.

I did do some dwelling on the aging thing...especially since I have young kids...will I get to see them grow up, will they be embarrassed to be seen with me (okay..so that's a typical teen age thing lol), will I be in a wheelchair for their college graduation or even around?

You know what...all I can do is enjoy them the best I can now. I can't dwell on how my body is changing or what might happen down the road because there's nothing I can do about it anyway.

So forget the age, forget the mirror and just enjoy your husbands, enjoy your kids and enjoy your life.....

OH...but I don't have gray hair yet!!!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:19 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Whats wrong with getting older? Our alternative stinks. I am 41 now and noticing a few gray hairs and I'm slowing down a bit, and the waistline is not what it use to be. But I do not dread this, and neither should you. Be proud of where you are, what you have accomplished. I have never let my age number bother me, but 40 did make me contemplate what was most important in my life. It was my family. I feel good about who I am and where I am. My advice is to concentrate on those you love around you and continue to see life thru your kids eyes. Nothing is more sure to keep you young then your kids.
    moebonner

Answer by moebonner at 7:57 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Moebonner....you still have a waistline!?

rofl
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• no crap... what waistline and if you have one why in the heck are you even answering...of course..*clears my throat* oh you there miss ticcle I have no gray hair I might ask you the same danged thing...
    I am a no waistline ...gray hair having...old dust bag...*G*...and yet Im oddly happy...*raspberries*
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:23 AM on Jan. 23, 2009