Suffering from postpartum.

The smallest things set me off. I start crying over things that normal wouldn't bother me at all. I don't have insurance, so I can't go see any type of doctor. I do have hobbies and do attempt to get my mind off of things, but it's temporary and my brain goes right back into "everythings horrible" mode. I can't talk to friends and family because they just don't understand, I'm so sick of hearing "quit being negative and everything will be fine". I know my life could be a lot worse, and I know I have too many blessings to count. But that still doesn't cheer me up. What should I do to cope with this pain?

RenaJean

Asked by RenaJean at 6:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Health

• zoloft. go to the urgent care place and get a script, generic zoloft is cheap
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 6:31 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• zoloft doesn't work for many. i've pretty much tried every depression medicine and they don't help. plus i have restless leg syndrome and they worsen that.
    RenaJean

Answer by RenaJean at 6:32 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• "I know my life could be a lot worse, and I know I have too many blessings to count." .. this sentence makes me think that you are NOT suffering from PPD. Babyblues maybe, yes, that sounds more right.

BUT, im not a doctor. And there is absolutely nothing i can say or do to help you. Nobody can, except a doctor. And if you want to feel better, then you need to see a doctor. Most PPD patients need to be on medication.

I refused to take any kind of medication when i suffered from PPD. because i had to take care of my DD and couldnt do that being high from the pills they give you. I went the long and hard way: talkint to a psychiatrist.

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• medicine doesnt solve the problem itself - it will only make you feel better for the moment.

Talk to your doctor. And if you dont have insurance then you will have to pay it all by yourself. But you need to figure out what exactly is wrong with you. and then you need to start getting help.

good luck
    m.robertson811

• prozac worked for me! i just said zoloft because its the safest for breast feeding. you can try counciling a lot of them are sliding scale
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 6:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I had the same thing with my first daugher and it took me three different meds till I got it right but they helped a lot and then one day it all passed and my hormones went back to normal.
    Anonymous

• How long ago did you have your baby?

You need to see a Doctor first off hun they can help this is very common. Even if its just baby blues its very real hun. When I had my LO the lack of sleep and the nerviousness of just having a small baby made me feel down cry about alot of things one minute to the next I was happy and then crying. For me it was just baby blues and having family help me so I could get a little bit of rest in between nursings helped alot.
    Anonymous

• I already posted I clicked answer before I could say ... I hope you feel better mumma (((hugs))) Goodluck.
    Anonymous