??Question for *military wives*??

I don't know if any of you other wives experience this. Ever since one of my really good friends starting watching Army Wives. (her husband is NOT in the military) (mine is IN the military). She tells me that she totally understands what I go through when my husband is deployed or when I tell her about how we'll be moving soon. Its just really getting to me.

I'm trying my best to tell her that Army Wives is not 100% accurate with everything they show. I think the show is different from what we really go through. (and its on lifetime don't get me wrong I like lifetime but we all know they're a little dramatic with the movies they make). I don't know what to say to her anymore. I'm trying not to be rude, but I'm tired of her trying to compare my life with a show. So what do I say to her??? Anyone else gone through this?? or am I the only one??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I get this from my sister all the time. I am rude about it, because it really upsets me. She thinks she knows what I go through. I just hang up on her/walk away. I seriously might punch her if I hang around when she "relates" to me.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 6:39 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My sis was a military wife and she said that show was nothing like real life
    Anonymous

• Life as a military wife isnt like what they make it seem to be hell i wish it was tho. Im an army wife myself husband just left for deployment number two, two weeks ago. And life aint like that i dont have anyone around to talk to that is my family anyways they are all army wives themself so i ont have this problem but i just wated to say its not like the show.
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 6:49 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• sometimes you have to be rude to get someones attention. its sad but its true. its like when you are polite and nice they dont hear you. as much as you dont want to, you may have to be firm and almost rude in order for her to listen.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:16 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• that would be annoying. say to her "you know they cant be exact with ANY military show because of terrorists so no the show is a huuuge dramatization of army life. its just like how soap operas are not like real life." my husband always goes pfffffft when i force him to watch the show with me. the commanders are not that generous to their soldiers, they may care, but thy reallly cant go above and beyond like they do on that show. u cant just go screaming at the col or general wondering about ur husband. icant imagine how that would even go if someone did do that! however, that new snotty col. wife....well i can tooootally see that as being true ahah. and just tell her its really hard to explain what its like to be military to someone who is not because military life is sooo different than civillian life.
    CAarmywife

Answer by CAarmywife at 7:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2009