What did your child do that made you proud?

Answer here and also post on www.cjkidz.com (You're the Star page) so you can share with moms on this site and with kids on the cjkidz site!

momjs

Asked by momjs at 6:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• while we were in the dentists office my soon to be 5 yr old walked up to the water fountain and read the word water in front of everyone! I was so syked! lol
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 7:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My son has done so much to make me proud, it's hard to pick just one thing! I guess one of the most recent things is that he learned how to ride his bike without training wheels.
    mauspond

Answer by mauspond at 7:35 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• He got into enrichment classes and won the citizenship award for the month of Sept.
    Anonymous

• both of my sons have won presidential volunteer service awards : )
    koolest_mom_of4

Answer by koolest_mom_of4 at 12:32 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• My 7 year old son started digging through my junk drawers ....when I asked him what he was doing , He replied....Mom I'm looking for money to put in a jar so I can save it and give it to the hungry people. I was so very proud that my son has such a big heart .....we started hunting for change all through the house and gave it to the Salvation Army. It wasn't a great deal of money but it was a learning expierience for all of us.
    ShawboysMom

Answer by ShawboysMom at 8:19 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• He's not quite in the "school age kids-age 5-8 category" He will be five in May. But he made me proud the other day by taking "Hop On Pop" out of my hands and tried to read it to me! We only read it a few times, so I know he wasnt doing it 100% by memory. He sounded out the words and looked at me to see if he got it right. I was so excited!
    MBsMom2004

Answer by MBsMom2004 at 6:34 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• my daughter has ADHD, she is also 64 % deaf in her right ear. The teacher last year had a big problem with her, told us she would never make it, my daugther loved the magic tree house books and she will sit for hours and read them, she was really excited when she got a new one and this teacher told me we shouldnt put her in those yet she isnt ready for them. Ok jump to now, she is in the 3rd grande makde honor roll with A's And B's for the last 2 quarters and the last time she was tested in readying she was reading 118 words a minute. They want 3rd graders to read about 110 words by the end of the year. That made really proud that she has all these problems and she has this teacher that rode her all last year and she beat everybody expectations.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Jan. 25, 2009