I had pre-enclampsia with my first child 8 years ago....

I am now just over 4 weeks with my second. Am I considered to be high risk? I changed obgyns do I need to call them and find out if I need to come in earlier?

msnyder6706

Asked by msnyder6706 at 6:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's too early to have pre-eclampsia so I don't think they would get you in earlier. If you had a repeat then it woudl be way later.
    Anonymous

• i wouldn't say high risk but you do have a chance of getting it again. just make sure your new ob knows that you had it with your first and they will keep an eye on it. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• your not high risk i dont believe i had it with my first son 7 years ago and im not high risk. i was told that i had a high chnce of getting it again this time so they will be watching my blood pressure alittle more then normal but no biggy. im now 26weeks and havnt had any issues what so ever. congrats and good luck. just let your dr know when you go in to see him that you had it in a previouse pregancy.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 6:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I don't think so. Just monitor your bp. I was borderline pre-e and had gestational hypertenstion with my first daughter and am not high risk for this pregnancy
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 7:05 PM on Jan. 22, 2009