Freezing Cookie dough.

So, I just made a huge batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough. The recipe made way more then I'm going to use. What would be the best way to Freeze it? Would just putting it in a freezer ziploc bag be good enough or should I vacuum seal it?

Rebecca7708

Asked by Rebecca7708 at 7:00 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I like to use a cookie scoop (like and ice cream scoop, but smaller) and scoop out the cookies onto a baking sheet and freeze, then put in a ziploc. That way, I can bake anywhere from one cookie to a couple dozen, depending on how many I want. If you're going to freeze them longer than a couple weeks, double the ziploc to ward off any chance of freezer burn.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 12:09 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I vacuum seal it. It keeps fresher I think anyway.

Answer by gemgem at 7:00 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I'd roll them into tube shapes in some plastic wrap, then put that into a ziploc so the cookie dough doesn't absorb the other flavors in the freezer.. oatmeal chocolate chip is my absolute favorite, yum.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 7:58 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Yes! Roll it into a log so that next time you use it, you can slice and place on your baking sheet. Saran Wrap works really good in the freezer for cookie dough.
    Anonymous