Should scholarships be based on merit or money?

I gotta admit, I am a little disappointed. I am a student, going for nursing. I also work about 45-50 hours a week. My dh and I make ok money. Too much for me to qualify for any kind of education assistance. I don't believe in borrowing money so I am paying out of pocket. I have a 4.0 GPA with 36 credit hours so far. Yet, all the scholarships on our schools website say "must demonstrate financial need." What about performance? I am working my butt off. How is this fair?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• merit and regardless of race
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 7:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Some do go off merit. You should use the scholarship.com and other sites and look around for various ones out there. Im in college also so I understand where youre coming from. Just keep looking and also look for grant money.

Answer by gemgem at 7:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I'd say a little of both.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 7:23 PM on Jan. 22, 2009