what are some idea themes for a 14th birthday party?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• Is it for a boy or girl? If it's a boy, I take him and a few of his friends to play laser tag and get pizza. For a girl maybe you could do something like a makeover party. You could have her friends come over for the night and do a spa sleepover. They could do their hair and give manicures and pedicures and facials. I hope this was kind of helpful.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 7:09 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I like that answer.. its good ^^^♥
    NiekaC

Answer by NiekaC at 7:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Luau?
    Disco?
    Mardi Gras? (w/o all the boobs for beads thing, of course lol)
    Fear Factory? (set up gross -- but safe, of course -- games for door prizes)
    Karaoke? (maybe a "Don't Forget the Lyrics" thing)
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 7:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• All of the above and if that won't work you can always take the kids to the movies and after wards to an arcade so they can expend their energies before coming back to your house for cake.

BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 7:26 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Could do a 90's style party. That would be killer. ;)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 7:35 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My 14 year old would rather go to a concert with close friends and mom/dad tagging along - not too close though, because that would be, like, totally embarrassing! Is he/she a Rockband/Guitar Hero fan? Gather the crowd for a rockin' night of playing and pizza!

*Birthday cake would be ok - nothing too cutesy!
    Anonymous

• I don't know whether this is for a boy or a girl, but my son, my niece and my nephew (ages 12, 13 and 16) all said they would rather just have some hang out time with friends than an birthday party. Playing guitar hero, DDR and video games, eating snacks and pizza, watching movies, and just goofing off were all discussed. My son also gives the thumbs up to laser tag. That's what he is doing with his best friend (a girl) for his birthday this year. Last year we went to an indoor water park instead of having a party. My nephew (who has a fall birthday) had a party at a go-cart track/arcade for his 14th and that was cool too. My niece (spring birthday) will be having a dance party this year which her dad is going to DJ. She likes the idea of a makeover/fashion show themed party too though.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 3:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2009