strollers

i have a ten month old son and am 3 months pregnant with another baby. i have no idea what kinds of options are avaliable as far as double strollers go, but i know that compact is an important feature to me. any suggestions? any strollers that were just hated?

disheveled

Asked by disheveled at 7:09 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• bump

lonelymommyof2

Answer by lonelymommyof2 at 7:13 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• graco duo glider is what i got we went to target and it was 129.00 abd someone missed priced it i paid 64.48 for the one i got. double strollers to me arent suppose to be real compact it fits in the back of our van fine and it is like driving a bus. but it had like a 5 star rating on the web site.
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 7:15 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I have twins, so I have been through a few double strollers. I had both a side by side and tandem (front and back). I personally liked the tandem better for shopping...it was easier to get through the doors and through store aisles. But if we were going to be out for a long day, like to the zoo or something I liked the side by side because both seats could be reclined independently. The best side by side I saw and I wish I would have just broken down and bought was the Twin Savvy by Combi. A little pricey, but well worth it. Friends of ours had one and they loved it. It was very compact and lightweight, and narrow enough to get through most doorways and aisles.
    mauspond

Answer by mauspond at 7:25 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• continued....

My tandem was an Evenflo In Step and we put ALOT of miles on that one with no problems. An infant car seat carrier fits in the front seat, and the back seat fully reclines. Lots of storage space underneath, and a parent tray for drinks and small compartment for keys or cell phone. The biggest downfall was that it was very big and bulky.
    mauspond

• I'm having the same issue here. The double side by side Mcclaren is very compact, but I'm thinking about a tandem double just because you can snap the infant carseat into it... I guess if you're certain that size is the most important to you, get a side by side. If being able transfer a sleeping baby from car to stroller without waking them up, get a tandem! I guess that's not so helpful, though. I'm still weighing in my mind which feature is more important to me and I can't decide! My baby is due in 2 months.
    winkie_pinkie

Answer by winkie_pinkie at 8:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• i have a craco duo glider. you should go to all the brands websites and check out all their strollers and see what's best for you. i found the graco to be the cheapest.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 8:35 PM on Jan. 22, 2009