Can you shower with a baby?

Is it possible to shower or bathe with a 4 month old? Has anyone done either? How did it go?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 7:16 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I take both baths and showers with my 4 month old son. In the bath I lay him on my legs and he kicks in the water like crazy. I find that if you are home by yourself doing this you should bring your bouncy chair in and put it next to the tub and lay the babys bath towel over it, then when your done lay the baby on the chair and wrap him up, that way you can get out and dry off. I haven't had any trouble with showers either, I just soap up half of him then rinse him off, then soap up the rest. then either hand the baby off to your SO or do the bouncy thing so you can dry off.
    beck_9808

Answer by beck_9808 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• i wouldnt do the shower but the bath i guess there is nothing wrong with, we never did that but all people are different
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 7:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• yes you can. they make cute little bath seats you can use. :) it's all up to your comfort.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 7:23 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I have started bathing with my dd. She is 6 months old. Its fun. I can tell that she isn't sure what to think of it just yet (she's used to her little tub with a lot less water), but soon enough I'm sure she'll be splashing away!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:23 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My husband showered with our sons when they were babies...you have to be VERY careful!! They get slippery!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:24 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My hubby takes baths with my 10month old but not showers I wouldnt trust that...
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 8:07 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I used to take a shower with my DD, but only when my SO was home to come get her when she was done and I could wash myself.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:37 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I haven't ever showered with my daughter to get her clean (too slippery for me) but I'll take her in for a minute with me because she loves it, then I'll hand her off to daddy (hers not mine) and finish showering myself.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 9:58 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I always showered with my baby, they get very slippery though and be careful the water is not coming out of the shower head to hard.
    Anonymous

• I run the shower, wash myself, then put the plug in, fill the tub and have hubby bring me our baby. We play, wash her up, then rinse off in the shower. It really helped her with her water fear- she would never put her hands in the water in her baby tub. Since we started showering together when she was congested, she loves the shower and the bath now. :) Its good baby/momma bonding time.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 10:21 AM on Jan. 23, 2009