any one know anything about cars?

my car has been broke down for 2 months..i finally after getting sick and had to have surgery have the money again to get it fixed.....er so i thought...they said it is the fuel injectors and i have 2 choices..one is to try and clean em..the other is to replace them....now since it is an older car...and not worth putting aot of money in to it to fix it...i told them to try and clean it which is only 150 bucks...and if that doesnt work i will come and get it and jsut get another one....being that replacing them would cost 500 or more....what are the chances that cleaning them will work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• what type of car is it...what yr...and have you taken it to a few other places to get a diff price then that? You can try to talk them down if it's an independent mechanic.

Anonymous

• yeah sometimes the one that are on the car get all dirty and cant work as well as they use to i would take the chance and have them cleaned has the fuel fitler and everything else has been changed. i would try it good luck
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 7:22 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• it is a 92 nissan maxima...with over 200k miles....i trust this machanic..they are said to be THE most honest ...PLUS my boss is best friends with them..so they wont screw me over...and if they do...my boss will tear them a new one....but with it being an old car...i was hoping for a quick easy fix....i am hoping the cleaning will work...
    Anonymous

• yeah the night is broke down that is what my brother did first...was changed the filters and basically gave it a full tune up.....then we went from their...replacing a few things..and finally i was like this guessing game is getting expensive. it would be easier to take it to a shop.....
    Anonymous