Rehab for weed?

Has anyone ever heard of someone going to rehab for marijuana and having success. I think my son is addicted and he told me he is!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• If it is taking over what used to be his regular life, then yes.

Anonymous

• you cant make him if he doesnt want help it has to be their choice. hubby went though that when he was 12 to 17 and tried other they usually dont stick to one they try others keep an eye on the way he acts and what he does good luck with that. praying for u
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 7:26 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Yes there is rehab, my neighbor boys are going, but it is outpatient with a lot of counseling. One is 45 days clean and the other about 1 month. I am very proud of them. But you can't force him into it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:33 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• when my daughter was 15 I got her into an out patient rehab program. She wanted to drive her father and I told her unless she stops smoking the pot we are not going to allow her to drive. She went 2 hours twice a week. Her father and I were both required to participate while she was in her group therapy with peers her father and I were taking parenting classes with other parents. The second hour parents and kid got together with counselors to talk. We did this for six months. Our daughter was drug tested twice a week, we were so thrilled when her tests came out clean. A kid in the program was hiding a bottle of his little brother urine behind the trash in the bathroom where other rehab kids were using to get clean tests. Our daughter finally told us that she is not going to stop we refused to allow her to drive. Our daughter is now 18 does not drive, bairly goes to school and still smokes the pot.

Anonymous

• It is a drug so yes, rehab can work if the kid really wants a better life. And the parents learn not to enable it any longer. I would prefer an inpatient program to an out patient and really research the programs. My niece went to one in Utah--not one my husband & I suggested--and she got out and relapsed. She lived with us for a bit after and we learned what a joke that program was. She then went to Harmony in Estes, CO--she is over a year clean:-) One of the best is Hazelden and can be found on an internet search.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

•  Ladies, This is only MY opinion and it worked for me so i don't want to hear any backlash. The woman asked a very serious , My DD smoked a lot of pot when she was a teen and I was aware of it and what I did was NOTHING. When I was a teen I also smoked a lot of pot but as I got older and realized that my friends that didn't smoke were doing a lot better than me. I was the 18yr old w/o a car or a HS diploma and I didn't like that one bit. Bam, got rid of the pot and started my life, better Late than Never right? My DD did the same thing...For HERSELF, she's in college,has a new car,full time job and I couldn't be prouder  of her. I am not one who believes that pot is a gateway drug necessarily. But this is only MY opinion. Thank You for letting me share.

jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 3:03 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• honestly pot is only mentally addictive.... i smoked pot for over 6 years... i woke up high and went to bed high... { im 20 and did this when i was younger } .... but i only smoked this amount because i wanted to... i loved getting high... pot isnt physically addictive ... just mentally... if u want to try rehab than thats fine... but just like any other drug he could be on... HE HAS TO WANT TO QUIT IT... he has to want to get clean.... if he doesnt want to than the rehab stay will be pointless and the day he gets discharged he will most likely get high.... do wat you think is right sweetie... in the end though its up to him ya kno.... good luck.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 11:41 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• actually, with weed, u cant get addicted. theres nothing in it to get u addicted. only mentally. you can only convince yourself that your addicted to it. most people dont cpunt weed as a bad drug so there may not be available rehad programs. just tell the kid to stay away from it for awhile and take up a healthy hobby. i smoked weed every day for 3 months straight then at least once a week for aanother year. i stopped with no problem at all.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 8:35 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• just be happy he isnt smoking cigarettes, now that is what you should be afraid of!!! weed wont give him cancer and it wont get him hooked. there is nothing wrong with smoking a little weed every now and then. it makes people's life fuller and more exciting. i never got lazy, it always inspired me. it helps reduce stress and it keeps you from going insane with boredom. it can help you think better and even write an award winning novel. how do you think all good books were written? sudden inspiration from out of nowhere? what? no way! everyone knows the key to success is using weed to your advantage and not letting it make you lazy. being lazy is a choice and to stop smoking weed is a very easy choice. its not addictive and there are no side affects.

seriously. people need to worry more about cigarettes and alcohol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• THIS IS NOT AN ADDICTIVE DRUG, IT IS A PLANT NOT CHEMICALLY PROCESSED. BE HAPPY TO KNOW THAT HE IS NOT INTO ALCOHOL OR HEAVIER STUFF. I PERSONALLY THINK YOU WILL BE WASTING YOUR MONEY ON A REHAB OF THIS KIND.

Answer by older at 2:11 PM on Feb. 4, 2009