Is it true that hair falls out after birth? What's your experience..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• that fine hair that is all over their bodies does my sons hair on the top of his head never did he had 1st hair cut at 9 months
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 7:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I've heard this, but mine never did:)
    Anonymous

• Mine did a little. I heard it's normal though.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Oh are you talking about baby or mommy?
    Anonymous

• Mine fell out for a few months after I had each of my 3 children.
    So Ive found it to be true. Most of my friends had the same issue but I do know some who lucked out and didnt lose any LOL. Just the lovely hormones leveling off(as I call it).
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 7:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Mine fell out like crazy!! It's all that hair that you don't loose when you are pregnant.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:32 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Mine fell out a ton! But it's supposed to be just the hair that didn't fall out while you were pregnant. Mine didn't start until he was like 3-4 months old. I have heard of some people getting bald spots, but if you notice that you should see your doctor... I don't think it's typical.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:37 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• yeah mine did a little ...
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I was like AmiJanell, my hair didn't start falling out in large amounts until my son was about 3 months, I was always a shedder, but it has been really bad lately. If you mean the baby, my sons hair fell out in patches, he lost hair off both sides of his head and some off the back.
    beck_9808

Answer by beck_9808 at 8:06 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Mine fell out by the handfull until she turned about 6 months. Now it is back to normal. My DD is still kinda bald though that is normal for babies.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2009