Should I can chicken broth?

I made too much, and don't have room in the freezer for it. I already have soup coming out of my ears lol so I can't make more soup just yet (its just DD and me. More soup would spoil before I could get to it). So can I can it? How long would it stay good for?

epoh

Asked by epoh at 7:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Food & Drink

• That's crazy, anon...why would you think you can't can it? I do it all the time!
    To the OP: If you put it in a canning jar while it's hot and seal it, then turn it upside down, the jar will seal. It will stay good this way for a couple weeks in the fridge. I promise, I do it all the time and have never had it go bad. If I'm going to have it more than 2 weeks, I will find room in the freezer.

Also, have you thought of freezing in ice cube trays? It's a great way to store it, and then when you need just a bit of broth to moisten chicken or whatever, you can just grab a cube or two.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 12:06 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• i wouldnt recomend it....only thing u could do is store it in a PLASTIC container in the fridge for no more than 2 days....
    Anonymous

• hmmmm googled it and found that I can can!! lol I just need a pressure canner . . . .
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 7:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2009