Help for my SIL!

My SIL just had a baby in Sept.She is having trouble with getting the baby weight off.She can't diet cuz she nurses.I nursed mine and I only had trouble losing the weight with 1 out of the 4!She is feeling very bad for herself and I don't know what to tell her.Told her that sometimes it's harder to do.This is her 2 baby.Thanks!

ArmyWife041408

Asked by ArmyWife041408 at 7:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Weight Watchers has a program to accommodate nursing Moms you can always suggest that. Be sure to remind her that it took 9 months to put on that weight, it certainly isn't going to come off in just a few months- it takes a year sometimes. :)

candygirl1030

Answer by candygirl1030 at 7:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Have her get her thyroid checked first. Sometimes pregnancy can screw with that. Why can't she diet while nursing? She can eliminate sugar and excess carbs. That will help!
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 7:38 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Dieting is very bad for pregnant or nursing mothers!She can eliminate sugars but she needs the carbs to produce milk.It takes more calories to produce milk than it does making the baby!Tell her it just takes time!
    Anonymous

• She just had her baby 4 months ago! Tell her to give herself some time. If it's not already warm where you live, it will be in a few months and then she can get outside and do some walking with the baby or something. I can't wait to be able to walk outside. I just had my dd in July and I haven't lost all the weight yet. I am stay at home mom cooped up in the house all day, this last 10lbs doesn't want to leave!!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Suggest Pilates. I too had a baby in Sept and am nursing and it is hard to lose the weight. But I swear by pilates. What's better than a workout you can do most of laying down? But really, just a dvd or two to get started and it is SO fun and tones you SO quick.

Tell her good luck!
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 9:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• There a few things she can do.. there are exercises she can try that are designed not only so she can loose that baby weight, but all play with her baby as well.. I did it and it was a lot of fun for me and the baby both.
    try this out:
    https://www.askdrsears.com/html/12/17mplayarticle.asp
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:27 PM on Jan. 22, 2009